Aleks Malejs earned both an MFA and a BFA in Acting and spent 10 years in NYC pursing her craft. Mentored by some of the finest actors and educators the industry has to offer, Aleks is a proud member of the AEA, the professional actor’s stage union. Since her arrival in Buffalo in the Spring of 2013, Aleks taught programs with the Theatre of Youth, Irish Classical Theatre Company, Shakespeare in Delaware Park, and the Aurora Waldorf School. A featured player at the Kavinoky Theatre for the past two years, Aleks will appear in the 2015-2016 season in Both Your Houses by Maxwell Anderson in the fall and The City of Conversation by Anthony Giardina in the spring. She is passionate about the impact and necessity of introducing theatre elements to an adolescent audience.
- Connect with material in a new unconventional manner
- Creatively express through writing and performance
- Acceptance of others ideas
- Deepen understanding of theatre as a craft
An introduction to the vocabulary of theatre and performance as well as the concept of the VOICE and BODY as an “instrument”. Students will participate in exercises that enhance listening, focus, imagination and improvisation. These activities include both solo and ensemble participation and encourage confidence, self-esteem and character development.
- To comprehend basic theatre and performance vocabulary
- To build self confidence
- Trust others and self in group setting
- Bold choice making skills